2023 is finally here; it is the perfect time to revamp your oral health routine! Our team has heard many patients start the year with resolutions about their oral health, such as using mouthwash, flossing more, or booking biyearly hygiene appointments. Who doesn’t love shopping for new things? Luckily, local drugstores carry great products that will help enhance your smile and keep it in excellent health from the comfort of your home. The Tyler Family Dental team wants to make your dental care fun and simple, so we have decided to share some of our favorite ways to pamper yourself on the dental aisle this year!
- Consider swapping out your current toothbrush for one with soft bristles.
- Hard-bristled toothbrushes can damage your teeth over time. If you tend to brush your teeth with pressure, the enamel can eventually be worn down, making you more prone to specific dental issues. With a soft-bristled toothbrush, the bristles are less densely packed. This allows them to bend easily as you brush your teeth and reach into crevices others may not be able to. These toothbrushes are available everywhere; just make sure to carefully check the package when you shop to verify the bristle type. If you’re interested in ordering one online, click here.
- Are you interested in trying out a new toothpaste brand? We have a couple of favorites!
- Colgate toothpaste is carried in your local drugstore or grocery store, making it easy to find. One of our favorite things about Colgate toothpaste is the fact it comes in so many variations. Whether you are looking for extra cavity prevention, whitening, stain fighting, something fun for your kids, or more, Colgate has you covered! We trust them to give you a healthy smile. Check out their vast array of toothpaste here.
- Crest is one of our favorite brands. You may hear of their famous over-the-counter whitening strips, but they offer a variety of toothpaste options, all of which can be found at your local store. Their whitening toothpaste line doesn’t disappoint; they also provide options for enamel repair, sensitive teeth, and gum health. If you want to see their complete list of options, click here.
- You guessed it…we recommend flossing!
- We don’t want our patients settling for just any floss; we have one we prefer! Johnson & Johnson waxed dental floss is a great choice that you can easily find in most stores or order online. Why waxed over regular? Believe it or not, waxed dental floss removes up to 52% more plaque than traditional floss. The waxy coating makes it both resistant to shredding and easily slidable. You can order it online here.
We hope these suggestions were helpful. Some other staff suggestions are sugar-free gum with xylitol and antibacterial mouthwash, which are easy to find at most stores. At Tyler Family Dental, our patients come first. Our priority is to help achieve stellar oral health, and part of this is coming alongside your home dental care.
We look forward to seeing you for your first hygiene visit of 2023! To schedule or have any questions answered, call us at (903) 597-3940. See more about your most frequently asked dental questions.